As we’re gradually approaching the end of the winter season, the pressure on completing refit activities increases. Beyond being a duty, a refit can also be a great way to give a yacht a new lease of life, especially if it is of a certain age. But as superyachts are also becoming more sophisticated especially in terms of the amount of technology on-board, shipyards must have the skills and expertise needed to pull off such a demanding job.
This is why Palumbo Superyachts Ancona was entrusted with the refit of the ISA yachts, 36.45m M/Y WHISPERING ANGEL.
After extensive charter cruising to unbeatable Mediterranean destinations like Portofino, Sardinia, Amalfi, Cote d’Azur to explore their clear and cool blue waters ideal for swimming and snorkeling and indulge in their famous cuisine, WHISPERING ANGEL has called at Palumbo Superyachts Ancona for a comprehensive refit involving the following technical jobs and general makeovers:
- running the periodic maintenance procedures required by manufacturer specifications for the main engines and generators – an activity that, if professionally performed, keeps the equipment running efficiently, maximizing reliability and minimizing costs;
- general engine room cleaning and system renewing – this apparently trivial task involves pumping bilge fluids out, performing a visual inspection for any weeping joints, oil or hydraulic fluid spills, corrosion or cracks, missing or loose nuts, bolts or screws. When performed by tradespeople, this task prevents future troubles also of environmental nature;
- applying an antifouling coat and replacing the anodes – these operations ensure ultra low growth rates of barnacles and algae and a clean hull which, in turn, increases speed at lower revs, meaning a lower fuel consumption and less engine wear;
- general ship system overhauling and upgrading – it involves extensive maintenance and renovation work and checks of various systems and equipment, as well as upgrading the technology aboard the yacht;
- touching up and refurbishing the interior – stains, scratches and chips on upholstering and wooden furniture and flooring are unavoidable side-effects when chartering a yacht of such precious and glossy interior, and require artisan craftsmanship fit for the super yacht industry to take them back to their former beauty.
A challenge that Palumbo Superyachts Ancona will undoubtedly accomplish, without any fuss and within budget, ensuring that the efficient and timely job is carried out in a controlled working environment with spectacular results and that WHISPERING ANGEL is returned in tip-top condition to her Owner for yet another truly memorable charter season.